Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Here comes the Sun...

Well would you believe it... The sun has been shining and it's been hot hot hot!!

I couldn't wait to rush Baby Pumpkin out in the sunshine, however as a December baby she was in for a real shock. Particularly as we'd gone from complete cold to blazing hot in the space of 5 hours!!! She's really been shocked by the sunshine but it's meant that I've been able to put her into cute summer dresses and bare legs. Not leggings, vests and snowsuits!!!

The nice weather has also meant plenty of visits out with Baby Pumpkin in the pram and slathered up with factor 40. We've been out to stay with friends from baby club, and other babies. My friend Sarah in Adlington invited us other for lunch with her baby son Alex and then for a walk along the tow path. I enjoy pushing Pumpkin in her pram and this is the rather embarrasing thing...

I've got a very fancy pram it's called a Bugaboo http://www.bugaboo.com and it's often seen in celebrity circles. I'm usually not one for designer labels particularly on babies but what do you know... I took the Bug to Mothercare to find a pram that would fit in the car and only the Bugaboo would fit, yes the most expensive one in the shop. However thanks for the joys of E-bay I managed to track down a shop in Prestwich near Manchester for less. My friend Sarah was ashamed of me and my fancy pram and spent teasing me about being suckered in by the marketing spin. Anyways, who had the last laugh on our walk...

As Sarah insisted on walking in the sunshine I had to walk on the shady side of the path, I couldn't argue she's bigger than me and would easily push me into the canal!!! As I'm in the shubbery I hear a big POP!! Then my pram sinks to the ground... A puncture and sure enough there is a huge branch sticking out the wheel which is like a bike tyre with a rubber innertube. I'm left to fight the injured Bugaboo with the flat tyres and complaining Baby Pumkin inside.

I then learn that according to the OED, the definition of Bugaboo is Rubbish:

Bugaboo in its real sense (from the OED):
1. A fancied object of terror; a bogy; a bugbear.
2. Loud or empty talk, nonsense, rubbish

Or as referred to in my house now. The Buggered-Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home