Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Secret Life of Peter Crouch

I entered the 21st century yesterday thanks to the world of the interweb. You see what with my parents being here and visiting grandparents I haven't had time to do
THE BIG SHOP

The Big Shop takes place every Saturday at the supermarket, I write up a list stick Baby Pumkin in the car and head off for whichever shop is giving me money off vouchers at the time. However, The Big Shop is getting more awkward with Baby Pumpkin as she is no longer contented just to sit in her trolley seat and sleep. She's awake and complaining that The Big Shop is dull. Then I hear the tuts and sighs from everyone else doing their Big Shop. It's a palava and they don't want someone's screaming sproglet adding more faff to the experience.

So on Tuesday I embraced the world of The Big Shop on the interweb and it was bloomin painful. I like to think that I'm good at the Interweb, I get a lot of practice but it was just so overly complicated and confusing, and that was just to register as then I couldn't find my list of items that I had previous bought in store. This list saves you typing everything again, it would be good if it was there!!! However, I thought at least I don't have to worry about a screaming Baby Pumpkin, tuts, packing and lugging everything to the car. And if Baby Pumpkin decides she's hungry I don't have to display myself to the entire supermarket cafe to feed her. Why do they wait till you're in the most public place to decide that they're hungry???!!!

Anyways I did my list, booked my delivery slot for the following day and received a £10 discount for my first order. Sadly the delivery charge of £4.25 took care of most of that. Still, the way that petrol prices are rising I might soon be in profit.

So yesterday I sat and waited for my delivery between the hours of 3-5pm and suprisingly yesterday was gorgeous so I felt most resentful waiting in the house, but didn't dare go anywhere in case my food on wheels arrived. At 4.30pm there was a knock on the door and there was Peter Crouch stood on my door step. I could tell it was Peter Crouch, as my eye level was at his bellybutton, and I was stood on a step. He was gigantic at least 7 foot tall and must have weighed 9 stones wet through.

Peter was wonderful, he explained my bill to me (as it was my first ever delivery) and then went to his van and brought out 4 big plastic boxes containing my groceries. I thought his 5 foot long arms would snap off as he picked up the boxes but he cheerily carried them through the house in to my kitchen stooping through all the doorframes to avoid serious concussion. I asked Peter what I was meant to do with the giant plastic boxes, and he said he could leave them and he would collect them another time. Hmmmm, in my tiny house I'd have to store them on the roof. So Peter and I set about unpacking the boxes and putting things away and discussing the shopping. Imagine that!! A fella helping in the kitchen, and a highly paid professional footballer at that!! Once Peter and I were finished with the shopping he asked me to sign his pad as proof of delivery, I thought I should be the one asking for his autograph!! He gave me one of those electronic blurberry thingys which I hate using as it makes your signature all pixely like it's been done by a 4 year old using their mouth.

So am I won over by the 21st century shopping marlarkey?? Certainly if Peter comes again and helps me cook my dinner too!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home