Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A big Ad-Venture

One of the main features of my new lifestyle are the trips to the baby club. There I've made some new friends amongst the new mums who are great to chat, gossip, moan and laugh with. Not only do we meet at the club we've also arranged some extra trips out. Mainly involving food - hmm what does that tell us new mums are very hungry??

At baby club on Monday during the tucking into Crumpets, Tash produced an "invitation". She recently had some portraits of her son taken by a photographic company called "Venture" and she was delighted with the results. Now, I'm not sure how this next bit has come about, but basically she has invited us all to her house where there will be a person from Venture present to tell us about the service they provide and give us a special discount voucher. I guess this is the modern day version of Tupperware parties!!

Now, naturally I think my baby is the most gorgeous child to ever tread the earth and I have been thinking about getting some nice photos. Whilst I did get a digital camera for christmas and have taken about 1000000000 photos of Baby Pumkin the majority of them are a bit rubbish!! She's moved, or it's all a bit blurry, she isn't looking at the camera etc etc. I think it's fair to say I'm no David Bailey.

So I took a peak at the company website http://www.thisisventure.co.uk and there are examples of their work. It's all very contemporary, arty, un-posed, black and white images. A far cry from the original baby portraits on big sheepskin rugs!! I showed the site to a friend who knows a bit out of photography and he was a bit scathing saying, "yes everything looks good black and white and over exposed!" Anyways, Tash is so pleased with the results of her session that she's ordered tons of prints including a ginormous canvass spending almost £1,000!!

Wowzers!! I can't imagine spending that much on photos of Pumpkin and certainly don't have any space for giant canvasses in my tiny house (which I'm still trying to sell). So I might go along to Tash's place anyhow, as she said she would get some crumpets in and we can just have a gossip.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home