Monday, April 28, 2008

Don't like the look of yours much....

Recovering from a busy week....

Car palavas aside, I also had my parents visiting - which means one thing.... They bring the dog!! A giant Alsation named Sadie. She's a very sweet and friendly dog but she's huge and takes up loads of space in my tiny house alongside my parents and of course Baby Pumpkin!!

What made things slightly more complicated was the added palava of two house viewings arranged by the estate agents, one on Thursday evening and another on Sunday afternoon. I was slightly panicked about getting the little house into showhome condition with so many people and a giant dog staying over.

However, on Thursday morning my estate agent rang to say that the person viewing that evening had phoned them to cancel. The reason being - They had driven past my house already and didn't like the outside.

Eh?? My house looks like a house from the outside.... It has a roof, my uncle painted the outside last year so it's all very smart, there are windows plus a very fabulous front door that cost me £1,000. The front garden has had the grass cut the pretty tree outside is about to blossom and looks very sweet with little pink buds. What isn't there to like about my house??? It looks like every other house on the street, really what was he expecting?? What's more a picture of my house appears on the estate agent details, the internet listing and the local paper. So how it came to be such a huge shock I've no idea.

At the time I was so relieved that he wasn't coming as I would have to clean up, chuck my parents and the dog out and try to keep Baby Pumkin awake and cheerful (not an easy task) that I didn't quibble about it.

So I enjoyed the rest of the week with my parents, got my Bug back on Friday (they did say it would take 3 days on Monday!!) Anyway Bug looks fabulous. Then we went to visit my Step-gran on Saturday. She loved Baby Pumpkin who was an exceptionally sunny delight which was a big relief.

Sunday was a day of torrential rain, not good for the dog and keeping house clean for viewer. My parents took baby Pumkin and the dog out for a long walk whilst I went crazy with the Flash All purpose cleaner. They came back dropped off Baby Pumkin, who was fast asleep, and chucked Sadie in the car and said their goodbyes.

I got Baby Pumkin up, changed, I got changed and then we awaited the viewers.... We waited and waited... And yup, no-one turned up. So Baby Pumkin sat in our best outfits in our sparkly house for no reason whatsoever.... Perhaps they didn't like the outside of my house???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home