Monday, February 19, 2007

The Road to Nowhere (well the pub)


Made plans to meet my new cycling friend at the Bob Smithy for a bike ride. Rode all the way from my house up Beamont Road, Victoria Road and Old Kiln Lane without stopping (apart from traffic lights) very impressed. Met up with my new friend and headed off up Winter Hill. Had to ride faster than normal to keep up!!!!

Set off up the footpath to the TV Transmitter then we took a different route up. Unfortunately there was an elderly couple hiking and stood in the way, we politely asked them to move aside so we could get passed and got a mouthful of abuse about sticking to bridleways and not footpaths the moody pair!! Got passed them anyways and headed off!! At the mast we diverted and set off towards Rivington Pike – there must have been 1000000000 people out walking and cycling and people and dogs panic me, as I’m sure I’m going to run them over or fall off. I did fall off at one stage but as I was at the back, no one noticed so I jumped up and got back on – all covered in mud!!!!

Rode around the “hanging gardens” as I call them, my new friend was saying that they were all being renovated as they had to pull out a load of rodendrons due to disease???!!!! Almost got run over by an old chap in a Ford Focus who was trying to reverse into a parking space. I’m sure I must be covered in invisibleness. Ended up popping out in the middle of Horwich (town centre??!!) Not sure if Horwich is a town or not?? Set off up the main road past the Swimming Baths and I’d no idea how steep and long that road was!! My legs were just dead; I’d only had a bowl of Special K and half a banana!! My delight at seeing the Bob Smithy was uncontrollable!!!!! Pulled in and had a pint (of diet coke and blackcurrant) plus some crisps – well I deserved them!!!! Started getting a bit chilly so set off back towards home. The route back must take all of 2 minutes as it’s downhill all the way and made my eyes cry!!!! Pulling onto my housing estate I spied a massive Range Rover near my house. I was slightly paniced that if it set off I’d get squashed, as the gap between the parked cars was very tiny. Fortunately, the massive Range Rover waited for me to make my wobbly way through the gaps. When I got up to the car, I realised that it was Paddy McGuinness from Max & Paddy fame. I gave him a big wave and he waved back with a thumbs up. Shame I was covered in mud like a swamp monster!!!

Amazing!! Paddy outside my house in a ginormous Range Rover!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home