Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Office Night Out

Survived my first ever non-drinking office night out. Was most strange in that I did feel a bit tipsy but only drank water or diet coke. And when I was speaking to Carolyn who was a bit worst for wear, I started slurring my words when talking to her… Must be in the presence of drunken people makes you blend in!!

The good thing was I didn’t make a show of myself by saying the wrong thing, crying or snogging an inappropriate person. A girl in my office is still living down the drunken snog with the freaky guy in accounts.

Even sober however, I couldn’t play pool but then I think pool is a boys game, I just pot the white time after time, and was a bit worried about my stance in my favourite green t-shirt, not designed for pool use!! However, was fairly amusing later on to have a chat with a friend and not do the usual drunk conversation, either “I love you, no I really do”, or the “don’t take this the wrong way… but…” Either one makes for cringeyness the next day. I’m also quite guilty of becoming a depressive drunk, I guess as I’m a fairly happy camper usually that alcohol brings me down. I noticed that people are willing to chat and divulge any kind of information during a drunken conversation and I now I’m ashamed of all the nights in the past where I’ve bored sober people to tears with my ramblings and repetitions.

I left the bar later that evening and made my way down to the station. Every thing seemed scary when I was sober, and I think about the times I’ve stumbled down the path towards Victoria and not even noticed any of my surroundings, I was extra paranoid in my sober state – I think I prefer my ignorance state!!! Was worried when I saw police in stab vests!!! Is this a normal part of Manchester on a Friday night that I’m usually oblivious to??

One night survived, but a big girlie sesh booked in for a few weeks and that will be the real test of my non-drinking resolve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home