Tuesday, February 06, 2007

We Rule - Official

Dear Reader,

I may, or may not, have gone on about how I play netball (badly) and I always have to write a match report the following day, so I've decided to include the match reports here to remind me of the good and the bad days on court.

First game report features us V KNE (and I've no idea what that stands for).

Ladies,

I'm proud of us all.

Once again we set ourselves a pretty tricky task by turning up with 6 players. Tracy must have some incriminating evidence on another team as she dragged a willing volunteer from the previous match, for a game at 10pm!!! How does she manage it??? In very bad form I didn't even ask our borrowed player her name, or find out which team she played for. So during the report she will be known as GK (the position she played - cunning eh??)

So we started our 10pm game with our 6 players and borrowed GK and we began slowly and fell behind. Defensively we were holding up reasonably well with GK and Sarah S, but we were just missing that killer pass into our circle. Once we calmed ourselves down a bit Emma and Kerrie combined brilliantly and Tracy and Laura started building an impressive partnership, not bad considering Tracy has been out for a while with a busted knee. I have to say that borrowed GK and Sarah were tremendous - considering she'd just played a match and Sarah hasn't played a full game at GD before. We managed to make up our deficit and catch up to KNE, with a bit of encouragement from Tracy who got in trouble for barracking the referees!!!!

Our second half performance was the strongest and we pulled out a gap. This is where I'm going to have a bit of a moan, so you might want to go and get a cup of tea. But what were the referees thinking about ??? On a couple of occasions their scoring was all over the place, we actually went from being ahead at one centre pass, to being behind with a smaller score on the next. I'm not just paranoid as some of the others noticed this as well. Another time the ball came off a KNE player I was chasing it down and heard Emma bellow "LEAVE IT!!!!!!!" So I stopped and let it bounce out of touch picked it up for the throw-in and the ref tells me it's the opposition’s throw. In which case Einstein, why would I let it run out of court????????????!!!!!!! Nevertheless despite Dumb and Dumbers best efforts we were able to win 14-13. Close but fun and well deserved!!!! I managed to trample the poor WA to a pulp as I kept falling over her or standing on her toes. I couldn't help it, I'm not used to marking players shorter than me!!!!

So a great debut for our new pink match ball, courtesy of a stand at the International Netball on Thursday, and an impressive win with a bit of a patched up side. Lots of thanks to our borrowed GK. I think the trip to see the experts last Thursday really helped our motivation and insipiration as we completely deserved the victory.... Bring on South Africa!!!!!!

Here's to some more victories, and a full team fingers crossed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home