Thursday, February 15, 2007

Coffee without the Coffee Thanks

So my new friend from the Bob Smithy texted me, see “Fancy Seeing You Here”. She’s been busy at work, but wanted to know if I was interested in meeting for coffee one lunchtime this week?

I replied back that it sounded a great idea, and so we’ve agreed to meet tomorrow…. Problem is… I don’t like coffee. Not one bit. Never have done, and can’t see me starting to like it now. So how do I go to coffee shop, after agreeing to meet for coffee, and not drink coffee????

It always looks soo sophisticated, people asking for mocha grande lattes (I’ve no idea what that means) and sipping their very fancy looking drinks. So do I consider pretending to like coffee? But I think that my face will give it away, and then my brand-new friendship will be based on half-truths and that’s not a good way to start. I don’t drink tea either. In fact the only hot drink I like is hot chocolate – but if I order that will I look like a small child on a trip out??? I love chocolat chaud when I’ve been skiing and it’s freezing cold with a shot of brandy and lots of cream!! Don’t think I can ask for that in Manchester City Centre.

Might say I’m being healthy and just get a bottle of water or something along those lines. I wonder if my new friend likes coffee??

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger stormtrooper said...

Don't worry most chains have a posh sounding name for hot choclate as well so pick one of those. Don't ask for hot choclate or you might get a snooty 'We only do Dooh Dah cocoa with whipped gold sprinkles'.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How odd - hot chocolate is perfectly acceptable in all the great and sophisticated cities in this world - I wonder what makes Manchester different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home