Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fairy Nuff


I needn’t worried sooo much. The fancy dress party was a huge success. Went straight to my cousin’s house from work to get ready and there was already some of the girls getting ready and in the party spirit. Vodka and white wine!!

Started getting ready into my fairy costume. Pink leotard, pink fairy petal skirt, pink ballet cardigan, pink and white stripy stockings, pink fairy wings. I then had a silver and diamond tiara from my time as a bridesmaid and silver doc marten boots.

My friends were dressed variously as : Charleston girl, Viking, and the Vicar of Dibley. Which I think was the best outfit.

The Viking friend drove us to the local pub where we picked up another party attendee, a pirate. Perhaps not surprisingly we got quite a number of funny looks when we went into a packed pub on a Friday night dressed as the ensemble already described.

The five of us squeezed into the Viking’s Renault Clio and I was very careful not to put my wand up the nose of the Charleston girl, or sit on the Vicar of Dibley’s bible.

Got to the pub where the party was and fortunately it was packed with girls in millions of different outfits, which was reassuring. No other fairies either. Obviously I’m the only one who hasn’t realised that fairies are for the under 7s only.

Had a really lovely meal, avoided the Roast Turkey, as I’m sure there will be more than enough of that in the weeks to come. Unfortunately the Viking felt tired, (too much pillaging) so she went home, leaving the rest of us gallivanting the night away. Small embarrassment of the night was when a guy at the bar told me I’d dropped a fiver, so being the gullible galah that I am, I bend down to investigate and a large cheer went up from the bloke at the bar. Didn’t fall for that one again. Danced all night to the campest disco ever, and managed to get nicely steaming drunk and the double house vodka.

Got a taxi back to the original pub which has a late bar until 2am. Don’t recall much more from that… Walked back to my cousin’s house in the rain and fortunately didn’t bump into anyone else on the journey.

Felt dreadful the next day… And all day too… I’m getting too old for all this malarkey.

Which is why I’m going to try and prepare my body now for the hammering it will get over Xmas. Avoiding caffine and alcohol until the final moment – which may backfire spectacularly when I get drunk from a sniff of Pinot at the office doo.

Only 2 days in and so far it’s been going OK. Although not really had much opportunity to indulge. At the pub tonight to catch up on all the gossips and to see the photos, and if only I knew how I might put some on here.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I can certainly understand you feeling too old for this sort of thing if you are 249 - I know pixies age gracefully but there is a limit

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've figured out how to create a link to a pic, pixie. Try clicking this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home