Monday, November 06, 2006

Girls just want to have fun

The girlie of sleepover, the best thing you can do with a bunch of pals, pyjamas and plenty of wine.

Ever since being knee-high to a grasshopper (well OK I’m still knee-high to a grasshopper) I’ve loved chilling out with mates and discussing the whole world and everyone in it – I think it’s my early obsession with Grease that did it. When the Pink Ladies went round to Frenchie’s house to gossip about love life and to pierce each others ears.

Well OK, so we didn’t do the ear piercing bit, but we still ate lots of nibbles, drank lots of wine and carved melons into Jack o’Lanterns. Sarah couldn’t get pumpkins and I think that shows a great deal of creative thinking. OK we’re a bit late for Halloween but the spirit was there (not just the vodka)

The main ingredient of the girlie sleep over is wine, oh and music and we had both in copious amounts. I cringed when I saw the video from Caroline’s phone to see us all dancing round the kitchen to Dolly Parton!!! Luckily it’s a detached house!!!

I started going to sleepovers when I was 10 or 11 and, admittedly it was more vimto that Pinot Grigio, I do think it’s the best thing you can do with your girl pals. Whilst the conversation has moved on from the care-free school day as we all have the ties and responsibilities of houses and jobs, you can’t beat a good gossip on who is the most fanciable boy on the planet.
So Hooray to the good old-fashioned sleep over and here’s to many more!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger stormtrooper said...

I suspect we may need some imagery here.Pixie, get the photos out!

Whlie on this 'sleepover'
Pixie has not only been getting a bit tipsy herself (I'll say a bit so that I am not the one pointing out she makes Krook look sober on most days) but making the family dog join in as well. Now who's fault will it be if the dog wants a glass of red wine with its food?
Better put a case of wine on the Xmas list for the dog m'dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home