Thursday, November 02, 2006

On a quiet suburban street

What’s going on in or around quiet side streets these days? Hot on the heels of the “two tribes” episode on a quiet road near Manchester, my friend becomes the victim of a mystery.

Coming home late, my friend couldn’t park in front of her house, so she parks further up the street in front of someone else’s house. However, it’s all legal, not blocking anyone’s access (oo-er) or staying on double yellow lines.

The next day, she sets off to run some errands and walks up the road to find and empty space of tarmac where the vehicle once stood!!!!! A neighbour recalls seeing men in yellow jackets towing the car away.

A call to the council reveals no requests to tow a car, a call to the Police also draws a blank with any towing operators. This is definitely a mystery.

So now it’s classed a stolen car. But how low can you get? It’s just an every day runaround no fancy sports saloon or executive vehicle. My friend is now faced a mountain of paperwork and hassle getting the insurance sorted, and has to cancel plans already made including a job interview as she’s no transport to get there.

I know that a stolen car isn’t the crime of the century. I just get annoyed at fellow people who have no qualms at giving the ordinary guy or girl a rough time. Let’s face it turning up with a tow truck and a yellow jackets means this wasn’t any kind of amateur approach. They knew when the set off in the morning that they were going to pretty much screw up someone’s day good and proper.

A hex on you scoundrels if you’re reading this. You’re a bunch of skannky losers. I hope your willies turn green and drop off.

3 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger stormtrooper said...

http://www.onlinegooner.com
/exclusive/index.php?id=111

This is the link Pixie sent to me. Now ,despite being a gooner, I don't send around links to Arsenal stories, So, Pixie, I reckon is a closet gooner.

Well all I can say is welcome to the fold, not only are we birthday twins but also support the same football team!!yay!
Do you want to go to the Bolton game in the right end this year?

and yes, its a shame about the car.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are you going to tell us how your friend found her car?

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Pixie said...

Um, OK I will admit.

The car turned up... She hadn't renewed the road tax and the DVLA towed it away. Sorry to the people I accused of theft, and I do hope that your willies do not turn green and fall off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home