Monday, March 26, 2007

Survived

My operation on Thursday was a success and I did indeed wear my Moose slippers which were warmly welcomed by all the nursing staff!!! I did feel a bit of a wally walking from the ward to the theatre wearing my mooses especially when I saw about 100 people in this time, but it took my mind off my nerves!!

In the theatre they hooked me up to lots of monitors and lots of screens started beeping felt like I was in an episode of ER. The anaesthetist starting injecting the drugs through a needle in my hand and the beeps on the machine started to get slower. It's a funny feeling when you realise that you're about to go to sleep and I did try and stay awake a bit longer - just because I liked noseying at what everyone was doing and also to make sure that the screens carried on beeping! The nurse but a mask over my face and told me to breathe deeply and then I knew I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I was gone.

The next thing I remember I was back in my bed on the ward, and a nurse was waking me up. It was an hour later. I still find it really strange that I have no recollection at all of what had been going on whilst the doctor was operating - perhaps as well really! The nurse took my blood pressure and told me to drink plenty of water - but all I wanted to do was sleep.

A bit later the nurse came back and took my blood pressure again and told me to drink some water, she said that she would let the kitchen know that I was awake and that they could serve my lunch. I'm very impressed at this private hospital lark, on the NHS I got a glass of water and a digestive biscuit! Here I had some lovely vegetable soup and a soft roll and some orange juice.

Didn't feel ill like I did after my last operation and the doctor came to visit me later to tell me that all had gone well and that he was pleased with the result. They said I was to rest the following day and the come back on Saturday for a check up.

With my lunch finished and the doctor removing the giant needle from the back of my hand I was free to go home and have some more much needed sleep.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you survived, but did the moose?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home