Tuesday, March 20, 2007

There’s a moose loose about this hospital

I’m in hospital on Thursday for small operation. Nothing serious and hopefully should make me feel better. I’ve been sent 1000 letters and have had to fill in about 200 forms that basically mean if I drop down dead I can’t blame them. I’d like to think that they won’t actually do me any harm, but if they do well it was my own stupid fault.

The best part of the instructions/notices from the hospital is that I would be required to walk from the ward to the theatre and I’ve been told to bring a dressing gown and slippers. Only slight problem is that my slippers are these Mooses. I got them from Canada!!



Now here is the dilemma… Do I buy sensible hospital slippers or do I ignore the ridicule and consequences and wear my furry Moose slippers complete with furry antlers?? After all they will keep my happy whilst I’m waiting for the operation.

I’m a bit nervous, last year I had a similar operation and I was really sick from the anaesthetic and they had to keep me in overnight. The only place that had room was the maternity ward!!! At least I got my own little room and bed and didn’t have to share with all the newborn babies!!!

This time I’m going privately oooh!!! So I hope that the nursing staff are as lovely as the ones in Bolton who looked after me when I was feeling a bit yakky and woozy. I haven’t been to this hospital before it’s in Manchester but I’ve read a good review online – a bit like booking your holiday!! I shall have to ensure that they let Mooses in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home