Monday, March 05, 2007

A life threatening experience.

No, not the skiing… The drive down to Gatwick airport on Friday night!!!!

Got a bit distracted and forgot to head for the M6, realised it wasn’t a trauma and headed for the M56 to pick up the M6 further down. I think I was that brain-washed into going on holiday that my sub-conscious was heading for Manchester Airport.

Just passed the Traffic Centre when a sliver Ford Puma took a detour down the motorway embankment – perhaps realising that they had made a mistake going for the exit. They hit the embankment with such speed that it propelled the car into the air like something out of an American cop show. It hit the floor on its wheels and started spinning across the three lanes of the motorway towards my car… Screaming (I do well in a panicked situation) like a madwoman eyes transfixed on the headlight spinning ever closer… Fortunately it spun away and I was unscathed. Managed to contact 999 on my mobile and call for an ambulance. Didn’t stop – I had a skiing holiday to get to.

Was sooo traumatised that I missed the junction for the M1 and went the wrong way round the M25. Apart from that got to the airport without a problem!!!!

Arrived on time to check-in to tell me that our aeroplane had developed difficulties and they had requested a replacement, I was most relieved as I’d had all the traumatic travel issues I could manage in one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home