Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Glad to be Northern

Due to all the flights being sold out from Manchester – I had to fly to Lyon from Gatwick. Not too traumatic as the rest of the group (10 of us in total) are all based in the South so it would be nice to travel together.

The only down side was (and with the exception of my pals) Cockerneys are really bloomin annoying. Apologies if there are any nice Cockerneys reading this… BUT… the Plane was full of the really gobby irritating ones. All flash and “Aright Geez.” Talking really loudly into their mobiles about how they were on the lash last night and only got in at 4am before coming straight to the plane in the clothes they were wearing, the dirty boys.

The flight was bearable due to my uncanny ability to sleep anywhere I zzz’ed over the English Channel – flight was at 7am in the morning!!! Got into Lyon and found the coach to make our transfer to the resort. A guy advised us that we would be later setting off due to a delay with another incoming flight. So I sat and listened to the Cockerney boys chatting away. One of them was wearing a Charlton shirt (why do people wear football shirts to go on holiday??) and he was getting a bit of banter from another West Ham lad as both teams were playing each other that day. Then they started moaning about all the other teams in the prem and I thought, just say one bad thing about Bolton and I’ll be bloomin livid.

After they exhausted the football chat, apparently everyone hated Middlesbrough of all teams?? One Cockerney boy professed his love for Peter Kay and all things Phoenix Nights. Now there is nothing more insufferable than the bore who imitates his favourite comedy episodes repeating favourite lines over and over again… but the gobby Cockerney trying to be Paddy McGuinness and Peter Kay was almost too much to cope with on a coach teetering around the French Alps. I was this close to screaming you haven’t got the voice right and you’re not funny, now button it. After all me and Paddy are good mates now that I’ve seen his Range Rover outside my house.

However, as confronting six foot tall beefy Cockeneys isn’t a main hobby I did the next best thing, put my I-pod onto some Will Young, closed my eyes and went to sleep. Before I knew it we’d arrived at our Holiday Chalet!! Hooray!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home