Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring has sprung

Time to be cheerful as I’m sure Spring is finally here. The mornings are light and there is a big difference when driving home in daylight after being in the office all day.

What’s more the sight of the daffodils bobbing in gardens, and the trees beginning to blossom really lift my spirits. I enjoy seeing the daffodils as they remind me of my auntie who died three year ago, she always loved daffodils and I think that because they are here so briefly they are a real delight to see them. I’m sure I must be programmed into some kind of medieval cycle where the thought of getting through winter really makes me excited for the summer ahead.

Whilst winter is good for my birthday, skiing holidays and excuse to snuggle up in bed on a cold morning, there really is nothing better than spring and summer. Getting out after work, eating dinner out in the garden, long bike rides, sitting outside and admiring the views at lunchtime and flip-flops and bare legs attire after months of black trousers, and black boots.

I’m definitely designed for an environment more suited to the tropics than Bolton – I wonder how I ended up in the frozen north??? “Bring me sunshine”, as I think some very funny people once said!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home