Monday, March 12, 2007

Hot Fudge*

Went to the cinema at the weekend to see Hot Fuzz staring and written by Simon Pegg. I haven’t laughed so much in a long time. I’ve been to the cinema in the past where I’ve done a little snigger, but this was so different I was really laughing to the point of it hurting. The bizarre thing now is that I can’t really remember at what I was laughing at, other than it was very funny. I would most highly recommend it to everyone!! Go and see it and laugh loads!!

The freaky part is that Simon Pegg plays a police officer, who bears a very uncanny resemblance to my friend’s husband – who is a police officer. I’m tempted to offer to babysit for them so they can go and see Rob’s alter-ego on screen.



Sally's husband, on a busy shift

I don’t know why but I’m not really one for the cinema. I normally only go once or twice a year, and this is my second time this year, steady on!! I don’t really watch films at home either. I’ve got the sky movie channels and I reckon that I’m going to drop it to save the money – but then last time I tried to do that I ended up getting Magic Sky instead. I also got some DVDs for Christmas TWO YEARS AGO that are still in the cellophane wrappers. (Back to the Future and a Herbie film, the new one). That said once you’ve seen a film, I rarely feel the need to see it again so it’s a waste of time me buying a DVD. (I even haven’t watched the Take That Tour DVD all the way through yet.) I often get ridiculed because I haven’t seen The Goonies, Gremlins, Indiana Jones, James Bond or any other films that everyone else in the world has watched.

Anyways back to the Hot Fuzz film, it was really funny with lots of cameo roles from interesting actors, including Ewar Woowar (only my cousin will find that funny). The guy from Shameless (another programme I’m afraid I haven’t watched), Timothy Dalton, the woman from dinnerladies and Steve Coogan. It does help to see Point Break and Bad Boys II as there lots of references, I haven’t but still enjoyed watching. It was so scary, exciting and funny and even I managed to keep apace with the plot so there is hope for everyone – go and watch it!!!!!


*OK so that is a Robbie Williams song and not the real title of the film, but it reminds me of it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home