Friday, March 09, 2007

What a difference a week makes

There probably is a perfectly good logical explanation to this… But why does the week you are on holiday go as fast as an Olympic Sprinter but the following week back in the office drags like a hibernating snail?

Last week in the Alps the days and nights flew past, we were up and out early every day and then usually out and about in the evenings too, drinking, eating, sledging, snowballing, Olympic bob sleighing…. Just how much fun is having snow???

This week has been a different story. I was dreading Monday morning I just knew it would be rubbish and I was right. Despite a busy week, played 2 lots of netball games on Monday, fell over in the second one and have a big bruise on my shoulder and a massive bruise on my elbow and a busted swollen finger. Pub on Tuesday with the girls to catch up on gossip and chat, and then with Wednesday it was back into the swing of things with my training session. Going to try and keep up with them even after the skiing hols. I ache like anything today though.

Last night I took a trip to the redeveloped Arndale food market and bought some duck, new potatoes and broccoli lovely fresh produce direct from the farms. The uninvited houseguest has finally returned home so it seemed a good idea to make something nice to celebrate, and it was delicious. I’d much prefer to shop at local places than big supermarkets and the duck was fabby. The market is open every day until 6pm so maybe a few more trips will be in order.

Finally at long last it is Friday and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve no real plans for the weekend as there isn’t any football (well real football concerning Bolton) I am acquiring a new bed from a friend who is expecting a baby and is getting rid of a double bed and replacing with a cot (aah the benefits of having the world’s most fertile friends!!) So by Saturday night I will have a lovely nice bed to sleep in – so that will be most of Sunday taken care of!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home