Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Close Shave



In order to save money I’ve decided to forgo my monthly waxing experience and handle the process myself. I’m quite fair so I don’t need to go very often for the legs, underarms, bikini and eyebrow shape procedure. However, it all adds up – despite my discount for short legs. I’ve also had more than my fair share of embarrassing encounters on the beauty therapist couch – which I don’t want to go into here.

I have bought myself an epilator. Which is a small electrical device that is made up of a number of mechanical tweezers that rotate and remove the hair by the root giving smooth results for 4-6 weeks (so the paperwork says). So I took the device plugged in and proceeded to epilate my legs. It was a tiny bit painful at first but I then got used to it and it was no more painful than a regular leg wax. I was soon in the swing and ended up with lovely smooth results. I could forsee months and months of money saving by not tripping out to the beauty salon. Later that day I decided to tackle the bikini area and put the small adapter for “sensitive areas.” So feeling confident I set to the task in hand

Oh
My
God

I have never ever known pain like it…. Yet I’ve had about 6 million bikini waxes…. I was practically climbing the wall and as a result only a third of my lady garden has been manicured. I really couldn’t manage any more. So I’ve got some options:

· Go back to waxing salon and explain my predicament and get a nice gentle therapist to finish
· Start drinking again, get drunk and finish off – never mind the result
· Leave as is and convince myself that it’s the latest style as sported by all it girls in Beverly Hills
· Be brave and get it finished, no pain no gain.

I know it’s very bad form to talk about matters of a personal nature but it’s not been a good thing trying to combine a thrifty nature with a well groomed exterior. Plus the bloomin thing cost me over £50 I’m not giving in that easily.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It all sounded very painful before you got to the sporting section - thanks for my best laugh this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home