Monday, January 08, 2007

You Look Familiar

New Year's Eve was a party round at my Sister and Brother-in-law's house with about 100000 people invited not including the 2000000 kids who turned up. I say kids, but some of them looked like walking trees all long and lanky... And the hair!!! Longer than mine!!!

I'd got into the party spirits, well vodka and 7-up woohoo and was dancing with Zoey my 5 year old daughter of Vicky my cousin. (I don't know why she has a "y" on her name?? Zoey that is, I know why Vicky does otherwise she would be Vick) The party was in full flow and I'd already been texted at 7pm by the whole of England celebrating midnight 5 hours earlier.

So there I was dancing away to the "Scissor Sisters" when 2 women (wives of my B-I-L work colleagues) pointed me out and said that they recognised me. "Not possible", said B-I-L "She's from England, you don't know her. She's only been here a week." "Hmmm," Said Canadian women, "We do know her, she's Ashley from Coronation Streets Wife".

Now at the time, when B-I-L told me this, I wasn't too bothered.... I don't watch Coronation Street but the odd times I've seen a CS actress on the TV in these celebrity reality shows, I'm always seeing the girl with the red curly hair around Manchester, so I was vaguely amused to be mistaken for a real life actress... Until I got home and googled the said actress.

WHAT!!!????


I was super done up, favourite green sparkly top, best underwear, skinny fit jeans, sliver belt, contact lenses, super-straightened hair, big on the eyes, sparkly eyeshadow.... It was the best I'd looked all holiday and I was mistaken for down-trodden Ashley Peacock's Missus...

Geessh!!!!!!!! I guess the eye care system isn't too great in Canada.

Not Me on New Year's Eve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home