Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Better The Devil You Know

So the weekend finally arrived after dragging its heals and I was sooo excited.

First live footie match of the year following my trip away, and first concert of the year Kylie at the MEN Arena.

I was reasonably confident about the match against Citeh. We’d already beaten them at their place a few weeks ago, when I was in Canadia-land, and since then we’d gone onto a reasonable run ensuring that Big Sam won the Manager of the Month award for December. Of course I should have taken that for the doom symbol that it was!!!

I’ve never been more bored in all my days. The game finished 0-0 and the most exciting thing was the final whistle. I cheered myself up throughout the game by planning my Kylie concert outfit. I’d bought a gorgeous black strappy floaty top that had a green ribbon that tied round my midrif, a cropped green cardigan to cover my shoulders. I then debated if I should wear cropped trousers or jeans, I figured that my grey skinny-fit jeans with the silver belt would be perfect with my brown knee-length boots. I then spent the second half deciding if I should straighten my hair or use my new curling tongs to add some bounce to it. I decided on curly, as it had been raining most of the day and that straight would look terrible with frizz. To finish off the outfit I concluded that my green felt cap would look perfect, I do love green!!!

Game finally and tediously over, made it back home through the torrential downpour and got ready. Did curl my hair and I was pleased with the result. Drove into Manchester and got to the Arena. Admired the tour merchandise and bought a drink and ran to my seat to see Kylie resplendent in her pink corset and pink feathers.

The show opened with Better the Devil You know. An absolute classic and followed with a song that the Scissor Sisters had written for her. Kylie then said she hadn’t been feeling well, but didn’t want to cancel the show and disappoint everyone. She said that Will Young was in the audience and the camera panned to show him sat with his twin brother (mmmmm yess!!!)

She left the stage and 20 minutes later returned in a costume change, a leopard skin catsuit. She did a few more songs and then left the stage. She returned to say, that unfortunately she would only be able to do one more song as she really wasn’t feeling well. A guy in the crowd shouted “just stand there for 2 hours!” but she wasn’t going to be convinced and she was joined on the stage by her sister Dannii who dueted on the song “Kids” doing the Robbie Williams bit…. And then she was gone!!!!!

We were all sat there kind of half-expecting for her to come back and carry on, in the end they had to switch on the main lights and started ushering everyone out. You could see teenagers desperately ringing on their mobiles “Dad, it’s finished now can you come and get me???” I had to feel sorry for them, hanging around Victoria Station until their lift arrived. Me, I was OK ran back through the rain to the Bug and was home well before Match of the Day (no point watching that anyways!)


Still no word yet on if the concert will be rescheduled or if we will get a refund, I guess that they are consulting their lawyers to see what they have to do as part of the show went ahead. I totally appreciate that her health must come first, it’s not that long since she was given the all clear from cancer.

Just disappointed that my first big weekend of the year was a bit of a disaster, but I hope the Aussie Pop Pixie will be back Spinning Around very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home