Monday, June 25, 2007

Stroppy on a Sunday

My very first house viewing took place on Sunday - not bad for over 5 weeks on the market, and of course I blame it all on the useless bunch of plonks I've employed on my behalf.

At 10am my viewer arrived, and I was suprised to see a young guy and a woman on the doorstep. I felt suprisingly nervous showing them round and was desperate to impress them with my beautiful house. But... the boy had the most miserable face I've ever seen. He stropped round the place didn't show any interest in anything and was just plain grumpy. I was so tempted to get stroppy with him as it was really disheartening to have someone sneering round my house. He rang me to visit - I didn't force him to turn up.

It turned out that the woman was the boy's mother and it would transpire that she was keener than him to flee the family nest. They lived nearby in a 4-bed house so precious son wouldn't be that far away from his home comforts and laundry service.

After about 10 hellish minutes, I asked Kevin the teenager if he wanted to look round for himself. "NO" he muttered at his shoes and with that, him and mum were gone with him twittering how much houses cost. Tough!! I'm not going to give it away!!!!

I'm not holding out any hope that he even remotely liked my home and I don't think I'd want him to buy it anyways, if you can't even crack a smile - you're not moving in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home